Friday, November 8, 2013

crustacean senstation - crocheted crab costume with shell backpack!

my very good friend and i used to laugh for hours doing crab impressions, scuttling past windows and confusing family members and our other "normal" friends. i decided i would crochet a crab costume in honor of our memories and the many laugh-until-you-cry-and-then-choke moments. 
i crocheted a scoodie, which is a scarf with a hood, and attached crab claw pockets at the end. Since i live in Alaska, it's nice to have something to keep me warm-ish while out and about for Halloween shenanigans. i made the left claw bigger than the right claw to be crab-atomically correct. *click clack*

i also crocheted a crab shell backpack which i finished in time for the second weekend out, mostly because i always seem to lose essential things such as credit cards, phone, house keys, etc. on Halloween night. i wanted a prop that would double as a purse/backpack! i sewed a zipper at the top opening to keep my treasures safe inside the shell!

i hope you like my crab costume! it was so much fun to wear!!

instagram: @iheartamicute
facebook: www.facebook.com/weheartamicute
etsy: www.iheartamicute.etsy.com




finished up the crab shell backpack

*snip snap*

19 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I saw your crab costume on Pinterest, and I want to tell you I really love it.
    I have crocheted a lot crabs (because in my place(Bergen op Zoom in the Netherlands) they call the people who live their crabs with carnaval).
    Grtz, Chris in de haak
    www.chrisindehaak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I checked out your blog and saw your hats and crab dolls - very cute! :) Thanks for the kind words! Good luck in the new year and with new ideas for crocheting!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Too cute - fb/twitter/sulia sharing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Would you be willing to part with a pattern for the scoodie and/or backpack!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I actually don't have a pattern right now, but I really really hope to get one together in the next coming months! I'll be sure to let you know! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Hi there absolutely LOVE your crab costume! Did u make it yourself?? is there anyway you could make me one? I will pay for everything and your time and shipping :) I have no idea how to knit or crochet> let me know njmillstot@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for the comment! I just mailed you :)

      Delete
  5. Hi there! I was wondering how much you would charge for a scoodie like this? But in a different color. I'm trying to get a land hermit crab look :) please if you are willing email me at Kathleen.Ferris@Choctaw.org I would love to know how much so maybe I can order them for my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! This is super adorable, I can't even take it! Would you be willing to sell a scoodie and/crab backpack? Or at least the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be willing to make one for my 9year old daughter! I think this is just what she is looking for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Also interested to see how much I could get one for. Email me at cshin731@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Also interested to see how much I could get one for. Email me at cshin731@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, first of all, amaaaaazing costume! Love it! I'm going on a summercamp with a bunch of kids soon, and this years theme is 'under water'. I would really want to make this costume. Is it possible you share the patterns you used to make this? Greets Jolijn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I love this costume!! Is there any way I could buy one from you and receive it by Thanksgiving? Please let me know the price and if this is possible. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! This is super cute, Would you be willing to sell a scoodie and/crab backpack? Or the pattern. I have a friend "under the sea theme" birthday in October.
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...