Friday, November 8, 2013

crustacean senstation - crocheted crab costume with shell backpack!

my very good friend and i used to laugh for hours doing crab impressions, scuttling past windows and confusing family members and our other "normal" friends. i decided i would crochet a crab costume in honor of our memories and the many laugh-until-you-cry-and-then-choke moments. 
i crocheted a scoodie, which is a scarf with a hood, and attached crab claw pockets at the end. Since i live in Alaska, it's nice to have something to keep me warm-ish while out and about for Halloween shenanigans. i made the left claw bigger than the right claw to be crab-atomically correct. *click clack*

i also crocheted a crab shell backpack which i finished in time for the second weekend out, mostly because i always seem to lose essential things such as credit cards, phone, house keys, etc. on Halloween night. i wanted a prop that would double as a purse/backpack! i sewed a zipper at the top opening to keep my treasures safe inside the shell!

i hope you like my crab costume! it was so much fun to wear!!

instagram: @iheartamicute
facebook: www.facebook.com/weheartamicute
etsy: www.iheartamicute.etsy.com




finished up the crab shell backpack

*snip snap*

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I saw your crab costume on Pinterest, and I want to tell you I really love it.
    I have crocheted a lot crabs (because in my place(Bergen op Zoom in the Netherlands) they call the people who live their crabs with carnaval).
    Grtz, Chris in de haak
    www.chrisindehaak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I checked out your blog and saw your hats and crab dolls - very cute! :) Thanks for the kind words! Good luck in the new year and with new ideas for crocheting!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Too cute - fb/twitter/sulia sharing!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...