Tuesday, January 24, 2012

the cat bus coming to a bus stop near you

totoro slept through his alarm this morning and nearly missed the cat bus! good thing he has his spinning top! 

this was a personal challenge as well as a commissioned piece. little by little, i pieced the bus together over the course of several months. i didn't use a pattern and this design is all my own. i used stills from the movie as a reference and let my hands and mind do the work! i especially love the mice headlights. i couldn't leave those off, of course!

this totoro and cat bus combo will soon be adopted by a blue-eyed soon-to-be three year-old! they're nervous to move into a new home, but so excited for a new play-mate!

click here to see my handmade and hand-crocheted totoro costume!

totoro + cat bus

hopping on just in time!

view of opposite side

view of cat bus when he's flying overhead

riding along

here totoro is peeking out the door to make sure he doesn't miss his bus stop!


































17 comments:

  1. This is amazing, what a gorgeous toy. I love that you can take Totoro in and out of the bus. You have a wonderful talent for creating patterns. Is there a chance of commissioning another one from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain! Thank you so much for loving my crocheted cat bus and Totoro! Unfortunately, I don't have a pattern so I wouldn't know how to recreate it! And it seriously took me MONTHS to make, so I think this cat bus is going to be a one-time deal. :) I apologize, but know that I am so SO grateful that you viewed my blog!!

      Delete
  2. Wow this is so cute. It's too bad you are not going to be making more of these because I would love to buy one for my daughter. If you decide to make more please email me at kelseyprice1991@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anon! I'm so glad you like my cat bus! I will be sure to let you know.

      Delete
  3. Is there any way we could get the pattern? I just made my son a Totoro today... the catbus would be great with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JenRyder! Thank you for checking out my blog! I'm sooo sorry but I didn't keep a pattern when I made this catbus! I eyeballed some stills from the film and looked up other crocheted catbuses and ... well, tried to make mine BETTER! Haha. I crocheted, unraveled, crocheted, unraveled, until I found the perfect foot size or window width. I'm sorry I can't help you! I hope you were able to make a nice catbus!

      Delete
  4. OMG!
    I'm from germany and my english very very bad... your catbus is wonderful and cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!!! can i get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon from Germany! Your English is just fine! :)

      Thank you SO much for taking a look at my Catbus! I'm so happy you did! Unfortunately, I don't have a pattern for you! I came up with this catbus all on my own, with a lot of trial and error. I wish you good luck in your crochet ways!

      Delete
  5. Oh ! It is so cut ! Congratulation for your work ! This is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you micro! :) And thank YOU for taking a look at my blog!

      Delete
  6. Wooow! You are amazing!
    You have a new fan now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. I have no words for how awesome that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Since you do not have a pattern available, do you mind if I attempt replicating your Catbus for myself? It's adorable and I'd love to have one, and I think i'd enjoy the challenge! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, I don't have a pattern - I just made it up as I went along! So you can crochet whatever and however you'd like!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...